This post will talk all about the 66 challenge and all the prep work needed form YOU prior to the start date of July 1, 2014.
What: The 66 challenge was inspired from an interview done with my friend Rashi Chowdhary who took part in a similar challenge with a group of people from her gym. The goal is to get a 6 pack in 6 months. The focus is NOT on weight loss but on fitness and inch loss and how strong you get. During this time, once a month, we will ask for volunteers to submit their story to be published on my blog who felt they have made significant progress or overcome a hurdle to get where they are.
Who: Anyone who is committed to become fit and want a team environment to support their efforts and look amazing in 6 months!
When: July 1, 2014 to Dec 31, 2014
How: Sunil and I will be posting various diet plans for different lifestyles (Veg, Non Veg, Vegan, Indian) as well as monthly workouts for those who would like a workout planned for them. It is not necessary to use what we are saying. If you know how you would like to do it, please go ahead.
Everyone’s body is different. Some will have to workout 6 days a week, some only 3. Some will need to do extra cardio while some need to ensure they don’t do cardio. The first few weeks will be a learning process for all of us of what works for our body. Anyone needing encouragement or help can post on the 66 challenge group on Facebook, or emailing either myself or Sunil privately with your questions/concerns.
The following is home work prior to the start date of July 1, 2014.
- Measure yourself. Complete the following with a measuring tape and keep it somewhere safe. This will be your initial measurements:
a) Shoulder to Shoulder:
b) Around Arm:
d) Under Chest (for women, under the bra strap)
e) Wasit (at navel)
f) Lower waist
h) Around thigh
- Get on the scale and write down your weight. Choose a time and scale that can be used as a benchmark for the rest of the times (try and make it the same scale if possible)
- If possible, get to a gym and have your body fat % calculated. This will be the biggest clue on how fit you are getting since we are going to be concentrating on fat loss and strength.
- Take a picture of yourself (and your abs) and keep it for yourself as your “before” picture”. For those wanting to submit themselves along the way to show progress or win the challenge, we will ask you to share. But for the most part, these are for YOU to see how far you come!
- Lastly, get a pair of pants that you want to fit into. How your clothes fit is the best way to determine you are getting fitter. Weight can fluctuate especially when you are lifting (muscle weighs more than fat, water retention, etc) so if you want to get down 2 sizes, go get those pants and see how much you can get into them today!